STGA Guide Fees
STGA Guide Fees for 2022
STGA guides are all self-employed, with Terms and Conditions and tour rates set by individuals. We appreciate that potential clients will want an idea of what they can expect to pay and so have given indicative rates below. These are for guidance only and represent typical rates charged for different types of tour – they do not represent a prescribed range and you may be quoted a different rate.
There are multiple factors that can affect the price of a tour, particularly a driver-guided tour, including for example:
- the number of people in the party
- the extent of the itinerary planning required
- unsociable / extended hours
- the size and type of vehicle
- the duration of the tour
- city or country touring
- the distance to be covered
Indicative Rates for Tours in 2022
|Half Day (up to 4 hrs) English||£170 – £215|
|Full Day (up to 8 hrs) English||£275 – £325|
|Half Day (up to 4 hrs) Another Language||£200 – £245|
|Full Day (up to 8 hrs) Another Language||£315 – £365|
|Half Day (up to 4 hrs) Driver-Guiding||From £375|
|Full Day (up to 8 hrs) Driver-Guiding||£540 – £650|
What is Not Included in Guide Fees
- overnight accommodation or meals for guides
- entrances to paid venues or attractions, although our guides are granted free entry to most attractions in Scotland.
Driver Guide fees
The guideline fees listed usually include driver, guiding, vehicle, fuel, and insurance costs. Exact costs will vary.
Group Sizes for Walking Tours
We strongly recommend a maximum of 25 guests per guide. This is to maintain safety and excellent tour quality standards for guests on our tours.