Scottish Tourist Guides Association Welcomes the Games
23 July – 3 August 2014 will see one of the world’s most significant multisport events and Scotland’s largest ever sporting and cultural event come to Glasgow. Scottish Tourist Guides Association is a proud Games Welcomer and is looking forward to our Games.
Find out more at Glasgow2014.com
To mark this historic event, the Scottish Tourist Guides Association are now conducting tours specially designed to bring Glasgow's sporting heritage to life. Already experts in their fields as passionate ambassadors for Scotland, our guides have further deepened their knowledge in order to give visitors to Scotland, schools, corporate groups, families, and more, insight into the background to the upcoming events.
Book a Sporting Heritage Tour Now to Discover:
• Glasgow and Scotland’s Empire and Commonwealth heritage
• The history of the Games
• Glasgow’s sporting connections
• Stories and personalities both past and present
• New developments around the city, the venues, and infrastructure which will leave a lasting legacy for the city
The Scottish Tourist Guides Association has developed two unique tours:
• Sporting Heritage Coach Tours - Our guide will step on to your coach to conduct the tour. See the map below for the route plan. Duration: Up to 2 hours.
• Sporting Heritage Walking Tour on Glasgow Green. Duration: Up to 2 hours.