Book a Guide, not a Guide Book!
STGA have over 50 years of experience in professional guiding across Scotland.
Glasgow Sporting Heritage Tours - Book Now to Discover:
• Glasgow and Scotland’s Empire and Commonwealth heritage
• The history of the Games
• Glasgow’s sporting connections
• Stories and personalities both past and present
• New developments around the city, the venues, and infrastructure which will leave a lasting legacy for the city
The Scottish Tourist Guides Association has developed two unique tours:
• Sporting Heritage Coach Tours - Our guide will step on to your coach to conduct the tour. See the map below for the route plan. Duration: Up to 2 hours.
• Sporting Heritage Walking Tour on Glasgow Green. Duration: Up to 2 hours.
Blue Badge Guide Inducted as Member of the Keepers of the Quaich
In the official ceremony and banquet held at Blair Castle last Monday, Blue Badge Guide Ronnie Berri was inducted as member of the "Keepers of the Quaich" - an exclusive, international community of people recognised for their outstanding commitment and contribution to Scotch Whisky.
Well done Ronnie!
Free Edinburgh Walking Tour 21 February 2015: International Tourist Guide Day!
Come and join the fun and help us celebrate International Tourist Guide Day!
On 21st February, the Scottish Tourist Guides Association will celebrate International Tourist Guide Day. To mark the occasion, residents and visitors to Edinburgh will have the opportunity to join in a fantastic free-of-charge Walking Tour Event which will see a group of over a dozen of our 'Blue Badge' guides criss-cross the city sharing their love and knowledge of our capital.
STGA Events at Scotland's History Festival 2014
2014 sees the fourth edition of Previously... Scotland's History Festivals take place with with events in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, St Andrews, Dunfermline and Moffat. As part of the History Festival, members of the Scottish Tourist Guides Association are conducting four tours this year.
New Yellow Badge Members in Paisley
If you haven’t noticed, there’s a lot going on in Paisley.
It might well become the next tourism hotspot in Scotland. Who better to bring Paisley’s rich heritage to life than qualified STGA tourist guides?
Meet our new Yellow Badge colleagues in Paisley.