Established over 50 years ago, our aim is simple: to provide clients with professional tourist guides who’ll inspire, educate and entertain.
Over the years, the STGA has built up a solid network of clients and has developed a first class reputation for providing highly skilled guides who can bring any travel itinerary to life. The STGA is the only professional membership body for fully trained and accredited guides in Scotland and is endorsed by both VisitScotland and VisitBritain.
The STGA now has over 500 members based in Scotland listed under different categories including Blue Badge Guides, Green Badge Guides and Yellow Badge Guides. Each guide brings a host of different skills ranging from languages to specialist areas of interest but what they all have in common is that they are great communicators. Whether you’re travelling alone, with family and friends or as part of a leisure or corporate group - there’s no doubt that STGA can supply the right guide with the right skills to enhance your visit to Scotland.
The STGA takes pride in being able to provide guides to clients who are:
- Fully trained
- Fun and personable with in-depth knowledge of what’s hot and what’s not in Scotland
- Experts in their field of interest
- Highly skilled - speak, translate, interpret in up to 19 different languages
- Qualified to tour as Driver Guides
- Able to plan and design bespoke itineraries to suit any budget and timescale
- Recommend/Organise tours suited to your budget and timescales
To find out more about how the STGA is organised, who the Board are and who the staff are, please click here.
The Scottish Tourist Guides Association remains neutral in the debate on Scottish Independence.
Individual members undoubtedly hold a wide range of opinions. We await the outcome with interest.